- Posting Date: 01/01/2018
- Specific Category: Residential Design
Location: North Austin
Job Title: CAD Technician
Position Type: Full-Time
Salary: Contingent upon experience
Join an industry leading company with over 50 years of experience working with Texas homebuilders to design new residences across the state. Use AutoCAD, commercial, and proprietary software to create structural drawings used for construction, in cooperation with architects, builders and contractors. Initially, the candidate will be responsible for converting clients' drawings into company layering standards while ensuring all relevant information has been included. This will develop into performing the structural analysis and design of the project with engineering guidance. Duties include: beam layout, rafter/ceiling joist layout, and beam design. Additional duties include verbal and written communications with clients. Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment, meet deadlines, and work well individually, as well as in a team. Candidate must be able to multi-task effectively between projects, and be willing to work additional hours, as required.
- Minimum High School Diploma or equivalent
- 2 years’ experience with AutoCAD
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to read and understand architectural drawings
- Should have a mathematical aptitude and moderate level of structural & 3D visualization
- Knowledge of residential construction desirable
Please apply to this position by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume (attached in .pdf or .doc), titled “CAD Technician” and include work history, references and desired salary.
Smokers need not apply.